To grow your business, you’ll need CRM strategies for success. What is a CRM strategy? It’s a plan businesses put in place to improve their relationship with customers and drive engagement, whether that be sales, signups, or views.
You’ll commonly use CRM with websites, but email CRM tools are also an important part of managing customer relationships. Here's what you need to know about email CRM tools.
What Is an Email CRM Tool?
Customer Relationship Management, or CRM, is a software or platform businesses use to manage the relationships with their customers. These systems store customer information, such as contact info and purchase history, run analytics on marketing campaigns, and help you launch and run new campaigns.
Email is a common marketing medium, so the CRM system you choose must include email tools. Email CRM tools use the information stored in your CRM software to create successful email marketing campaigns. Your CRM for email management should include key features like:
- Analytics: Analytics show you data about your customers as well as patterns and trends, such as the number of emails opened and how many people click the links in your emails.
- Contact Management: You can build an email list using the CRM tool's saved customer data, such as email addresses and purchase history.
- Integration Capabilities: Businesses use several marketing tools, like Instagram, and a quality end-to-end CRM system will let you integrate those tools so you can work efficiently.
- List Segmentation: List segmentation gives you the ability to divide your lists to target specific clients, like those with products left in their cart or those who have previously purchased.
- Personalization: The best B2CCRM systems let you personalize your CRM and emails to your specific branding and customers, which helps build and solidify your relationships with customers.
For more information on CRM, check out Norby’s guide to CRM for beginners.
Benefits of Using an Email CRM Tool
There’s a reason most businesses use a CRM system: they streamline all aspects of customer management, including emails.
Email CRM tools keep all your customer data in one place. Because it’s easy to find the customer information you need, you can improve your communication and relationship with every customer.
These tools also allow you to create targeted email campaigns that send personalized emails to your subscribers and enhance your overall sales processes. Because email CRM tools offer tracking and analysis of customer interactions, you get a full picture of your email campaign performance.
Choosing the Right Email CRM Tool for Your Business
Today, most businesses use a CRM, but how do you choose the best CRM for email management? There are several aspects to consider when choosing an email CRM tool for your business, including:
- Business size
- Integration options
Norby’s end-to-end CRM streamlines and centralizes email communications, providing a single, unified platform for managing interactions with leads and customers. It offers dynamic, customizable features so your email marketing hits the mark every time.
Personalized CRM for Email Management
With robust personalization features, you can tailor every email to both your specific marketing campaign and the customer you’re reaching. This creates a more engaging customer experience, helping to improve your relationships with your customers and build customer loyalty.
Aliza Licht, a multi-hyphenate branding expert, used Norby’s email CRM tool to create a multi-stage email marketing campaign leading up to the release of her newest book, "On Brand: Shape Your Narrative. Share Your Vision. Shift Their Perception."
With Norby’s email CRM tool, Aliza gathered all her subscribers’ contact information in one database and utilized CRM SMS marketing and email marketing to ultimately reach over 5,000 potential readers before publication day.
Responsive and Mobile-Friendly Templates
You used to have to choose between phone access and internet access, but today, most people access the internet through their phones. This means your online marketing needs to be mobile-friendly. Norby makes it simple to create visually appealing, device-friendly email templates so your customers can read your emails and newsletters on the go.
Key Analytics and Metrics
Norby’s CRM database provides you with important analytics and metrics about your customers and campaigns. This includes data such as:
- Email performance
- Open rates
- Click-through rates
These essential metrics provide a holistic view of how your campaign is performing and tell you what to adjust and refine to optimize your future campaigns.
Integration With Other Platforms
As a brand or business, you likely use many different tools to interact with your audience and customers. With CRM integration, you have all those tools in one place, making it easy for you to manage your customer relationships and for your customers to reach you.
With Norby, you’ll be able to integrate multiple tools into your marketing stack, including:
By integrating everything into your Norby CRM, you can share data and seamlessly transfer between marketing tools.
Best Practices for Implementing an Email CRM Strategy
Gone are the days of sending one mass email to everyone on your mailing list and calling it a day. Today, you have the tools to implement highly effective, targeted email marketing strategies to grow your business.
There are a few email marketing best practices you can utilize to help your emails stand out in your customers’ inboxes and drive engagement:
- Personalize your emails with your subscriber’s interests and behaviors
- Segment your subscriber lists into groups based on things like demographics, behaviors, and interests
- Use information from your CRM to target customers at the right times
- Write attention-grabbing subject lines and preheader text
- Make sure the content within your emails is engaging to readers
- Ensure your emails are optimized for mobile users
- Refer to your metrics to track and analyze different email strategies
Check out Norby’s guide to Email Marketing Best Practices for a more in-depth look at how to launch the most effective email marketing campaigns.
Norby: The Best CRM for Professional Services
CRM systems allow you to manage all your customer information, enhance customer relationships, and drive business growth. Norby’s comprehensive, end-to-end CRM solution transforms email communication into strategic assets, making it the best B2C CRM and the best B2B CRM available.